Biological and Computer Viruses

Matthew Allan Chaput MACHAPUT at
Tue Dec 5 10:12:19 EST 1995

Hi! I'm writing a science/tech popularization article about the
similarities between biological and computer viruses as an assignment
in a course here at the University of Waterloo. I've let this
assignment slip and now it's upon me with a vengeance! I'm appealing to
everyone out there to give me interesting references, leads, info,
stories, etc.

Some things I'm looking for:

* Good popularizations (books/articles) on bio. or comp. viruses
* Good science/tech articles (not TOO technical! :-)
* Summaries of the different kinds/classes of both viruses
* Summaires of methods of operation of bio. and comp. viruses
* Interesting stories / Startling facts
* Quotable quotes from famous people?
* A reference for the Alife experiments where assembler instructions
where allowed to mutate and parasites eventually evolved? Researcher's

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Please mail to machaput at

Thanks for your help!

Matt Chaput