FX uses the scientific method better then JAMA?

Candace Krepel ckrepel at post.its.mcw.edu
Mon Dec 11 10:18:58 EST 1995

U27111 at uicvm.uic.edu wrote:

: And I'm sure you know just how much garbage does get published
: under the guise that the scientific method was followed!
(supporting examples cut)

I agree. But the presence of "garbage" in the scientific literature does not
condone or excuse sloppy work on anyone's part. I tell my students that the
presence of typographical errors in the local newspaper is not justification
for typos in their papers. We don't have to lower _our_ standards to those
of others.

Candy Krepel
Surgical Microbiology Research Lab, Medical College of Wisconsin
ckrepel at post.its.mcw.edu