Dave K: Why Spams?

John Kuszewski johnk at spasm.niddk.nih.gov
Mon Dec 11 09:22:13 EST 1995

Dave Kristofferson:

Why do so many spams appear *only* on the bionet
groups?  Don't you use cancelbots like everybody
else?  Given that there's specific funding for
these groups, and that they're supposed to be
professional, and that they're echoed to many
people's personal mailboxes, WHY DON'T YOU
DEAL WITH SPAMS IN THE WAY THAT SEEMS TO BE
EFFECTIVE FOR EVERY OTHER NEWSGROUP? Hell,
even unmoderated newsgroups show orders of
magnitude fewer spams than bionet groups.

If there's something weird about how the bionet
groups are set up, then change it.  There are
USENET emailing services for people who are
still stuck in the 80s.  Why not make the
bionet groups into normal, dependable newsgroups
like thousands of others?

Disgustedly yours,

JK

--
                                   _____________
                                   |        ___/_
                                   |        |/  /
                                   --  /\  //  /--
John Kuszewski                     ||  |/  /|  ||
johnk at spasm.niddk.nih.gov          ||  /  /||  ||
that's MISTER protein G to you!     |/__/|      |

"Biophysics has driven me to an attitude of apocalyptic doom"
   --Frank Delaglio