Poison produced when the body is crushed. Why, and what is it.

Wessley Koop wg_koop at postoffice.sandybay.utas.edu.au
Tue Dec 12 03:30:17 EST 1995

I'm currently doing a first aid course and was told that after an hour 
of being majorly crushed the body produces a poison that attacks the 
body.  The body seems not to be harmed by the poison in small doeses.  
But when the crushing object is removed from the body the poison rushes 
into the crushed area, with the blood, and it can kill you if you don't 
have the proper care.

Can someone tell me what the poison is and why the body produces it.



More information about the Bioforum mailing list