Dave K: Why Spams?

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Dec 12 06:26:15 EST 1995

John Kuszewski (johnk at spasm.niddk.nih.gov) wrote:
> Why do so many spams appear *only* on the bionet
> groups?

I haven't seen spams appearing only on the bionet
groups. It depends a lot on what other groups you
read.

One of the bionet groups which has a rather high
signal-to-spam ratio is bionet.software, and I think
the reason for that is simply that the name contains
the word "software". Compared with that, 7tms_r is
relatively free of spams, except those posted usenet-
wide.

As far as I know, cancelbots, global cancels, etc. run
globally, so there should be no difference between "normal"
and the bionet newsgroups.

In addition, you might work on your wording :-)

--Cornelius.