Correction of english articles

A.J. Davis PAB6AWD at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Dec 14 06:30:18 EST 1995

In article <budd1534-131295151757 at clint.lb.tu-berlin.de>,
   budd1534 at mailszrz.zrz.tu-berlin.de () wrote:

>I would be interested to know, if there is a call from non
english speaking
>biologists, especially in Europe, for a professional service
over fax-modem
>or e-mail, to correct articles written in english for
publication in
>international journals.

Yes there is a call for such services - and there are about
200 organisations (or individuals) that provide them from the
UK.  There are however 2 big problems:

1) the services are expensive (people who are well qualified
in languages *and* in a science are rare and demand is high).

2) ensuring payment from people outside the UK is almost
impossible (there is no legal structure to enforce payment)

Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis
University of Leeds, Yorkshire
England, LS2 9JT   UK