extincted animals

James Mahaffy mahaffy at dordt.edu
Sat Dec 16 11:35:30 EST 1995

didier (mengberg at abo.fi) wrote:
: Can someone tell me how to find records about extincted animals.

: I'llneed often information about extincted species of wich I
: only have the name(ex. Ara Gossei EXT 18TH cent in guadeloupe)
: Even better if I could find some pictures too.
: Thanks
: ps You can E.mail me on dipooter at freenet.hut.fi

You might try IUCN's web site.  It seems to be pretty comprehensive and
even lists the little country in Africa (Eritrea) where I grew up.
I don't know if there is something better, I just ran
across this looking for Eritrea. Doesn't seem to have pretty pictures,
but you should be able to get those from elsewhere.

http://www.wcmc.org.uk/data/database/rl_anml_combo.html

--
:
James F. Mahaffy                   e-mail: mahaffy at dordt.edu