looking for oil of Perilla frutescens

Alexander Simon xander at cco.caltech.edu
Fri Dec 22 20:19:47 EST 1995

	I am looking for an oil extract from the seeds of a plant called Perilla frutescens.  The Perilla frutescens is an Asiatic mint.  Its oil is
light yellow and in the Orient, is used as an edible oil.  I heard that a Japanese company makes such a product.  I have extensively
searched everywhere; unfortunately, I haven't been able to find such a company which carries this product.
	Does anyone know where I can purchase this herbal product?  I would imagine that it's sold as edible softgels, similar to softgels of
extract from garlic that anyone can buy from health food stores.  I would appreciate any information.  Please e-mail me at
xander at cco.caltech.edu.