Atomic force microscope trouble.......

Ulrich G. Hofmann uhofmann at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Wed Dec 27 07:25:05 EST 1995

In article <Pine.OSF.3.91.951212203916.2497B-100000 at leofric>, DAVID ADAM
BAINES-PINCHEN <pinchen at coventry.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm presently doing some research with an SPM but the probe of the
> microscope keeps detatching my samples from the treated substrate.  I'm
> on a very tight budget and timescale and do not have the luxury of either
> time nor money to fiddle with expensive, laborious and time-consuming
> techniques.  I desperately need to find a technique which is going to
> stick these samples firmly to the substrate, which is either
> electrostatically charged glass or mica. Is there anyone out there who
> can help me in the eleventh hour??????  ANY information and/or ideas will
> be VERY appreciated.
>

> Thanks.......
>
> David Cov University.
Try CellTak, a stuff out of marine mussels to attach themselves to rocks etc.
Its sold by Becton and Dickinson Europe, 5 Chemin des Sources, 38241
Meylan, France, ++33 76 41 64 64.Incubation for 2h as 10µg/ml helps a lot
with my cells..

Something else, if you have a vacuum pump and a oil bath: Aminosilanize
the glass slides in a gaseous environment of AminoButylMethoxySilan
(ABMES).
For preparations  email me.
 uli