Removing chlorophyl from alcoholic solution

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
Thu Dec 28 02:52:06 EST 1995

In article <Pine.A32.3.91.951227111216.21963A-100000 at spider.usp.br>,
   Lazaro Eustaquio Pereira Peres ib - bib 7594 <lazaropp at spider.usp.br>
wrote:
>On 15 Dec 1995, Thomas Endt wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone!
>> I have to remove some chlorophyl from an alcoholic solution (cut
plants in
>> alcohol). My question: is this possible (i think so) and how?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance!
>> Ciao, Tom!
>>
> Dear Dr. Ciao,
>
>	I don't know what kind of substance you want to recovery from
>this alcoholic solution. But, may be you can use a Sep-Pak C-18
cartridge.
>This type of column is efficient to retain chlorophyl.

Another suggestion - do a phase partition against hexane or petroleum
ether.

Jonathan B. Marder                 ,      Department of Agricultural Botany
E-mail: MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il     |      The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Phone: (08 or +9728) 9481918       | /\/  Faculty of Agriculture
Fax:   (08 or +9728) 9467763       |/  \  P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL