CALL FOR DISCUSSION: DIAGNOSTICS/bionet.diagnostics

Dave Knorr dak at apldbio.com
Wed Feb 1 10:41:13 EST 1995

In article <3gbh9q$8ma at insosf1.infonet.net> James Mahaffy,
mahaffy at dordt.edu writes:
>Would there some wisdom to include another level such as
>bionet.med.diagnostics? I realize there is a lot of overlap with cell
>biologists not in medical research, but somehow lumping them in the same
>category or with a common searchable name, might aid in folks finding
>them.

I think this group's broad appeal justifies keeping it in a more general
category, rather than tending to make it a more exclusive domain under
medicine.  In addition to the "justification" presented we have had
discussion by researchers interested in developing and standardizing
"non-diagnostic" assays, because the approach and methodology may be
similar.

Dave Knorr
Agricultural Applications
dak at apldbio.com