**poll**

Danny Churchwell dchurchw at robins.af.mil
Thu Feb 2 13:45:42 EST 1995

macgyver at xensei.com wrote:
: In article <3gp3q6$ppk at ccnet3.ccnet.com>, smatthew at ccnet.com wrote:

: > I am doing a poll on several subjects for my speech and debate class:
: > 1. Eliminating Welfare
: > 2. Lifting the embargo on Cuba
: > 3. Legalize Prostituion
: > 4. Pass a Nationwide Prop 187
: > 5. Eliminate Arms sales to foreign nations
: > 6. Banning the media from trials.

: I disagree with your wording of these statements.  You're asking people to
: side *fully* with an extreme position ...or not at all.  These statements
: are clearly slanted left of center.  It would have been better to say
: "Overhaul Welfare" rather than "Eliminate..."  Much better to say
: "Restrict media access" than to outright "ban" it.  Prop 187 is also an
: extreme measure, even for those who favor a similar (yet scaled down)
: measure.

: I suggest that the next time you poll, try to get an *accurate* count.
: This is only accomplished by wording without such a clear agenda.  I
: believe that most Americans are moderate... neither utterly conservative,
: nor completely liberal.  What's wrong with middle-of-the-road?

--
I guess that would make you a Republi-crat??  I guess that's one of
the problems that we suffer from today --- people are afraid to take a

|DANNY CHURCHWELL  dchurchw at wrdis01.robins.af.mil  |
|DLA AWS Support Group                             |