**poll**

Roy Beasley rdbeasley at dal.mobil.com
Fri Feb 3 16:03:53 EST 1995

>>At least 3 are RIGHT of center. 1, 4, and 6.

>1??? I thought that since having welfare at all is an extreme left position
>its elimination would be a very centered idea(I believe the far right position
>on this subject would be a "poor tax").

The Right vs Left thing is a little confusing.  The far right likes to think
of themselves as good Christians.  Charity seems like a Christain thing.
Maybe welfare is a right-wing thing.

>Of course the same thing could be said for #4 since many believe that the US
>Constitution was never meant to apply to anyone but citizens in the first
>place.

Certain parts of the Constitution appear to apply to all men (all men are
created equal and endowed by their Creator with  . . . . something to that
effect although the words may not be exact).