P A Keller bsspak at
Fri Feb 3 04:42:49 EST 1995

In the referenced article, dak at (Dave Knorr) writes:

>In article <3gbh9q$8ma at> James Mahaffy,
>mahaffy at writes:
>>Would there some wisdom to include another level such as

>I think this group's broad appeal justifies keeping it in a more general
>category, rather than tending to make it a more exclusive domain under

I agree with Dave. One of the strengths of newsgroup and mailing list
distributions is the ability to have easy communication between people with
related, but distinct, interests. I think that the decision to introduce
extra levels should be driven by the volume of traffic, not by ideas about
the ways different disciplines relate to each other.

My 2p/2c worth.
Good luck with the proposal,

Peter Keller.            \
Dept. of Biology and      \ "....males are biologically driven to go
    Biochemistry,          \  out and hunt giraffes."
University of Bath,         \
Bath, BA2 7AY, UK.           \          --- Newt Gingrich
Tel. (+44/0)1225 826826 x 4302 | Email: P.A.Keller at (Internet)
Fax. (+44/0)1225 826449        | at UKACRL (BITNET)