DNA

Ken Creffield Ken at porky.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 15:29:20 EST 1995

I don't know who reads this group but perhaps there's someone out there
who can help.

I am interested in what scientists are finding out about population
history, the spread of ethnic groups and so on as a result of DNA
research.

For example, although the people of Papua New Guinea, Australia and
Africa look similar, I believe that they are genetically dissimilar.

We can't tell much about people's origins from their language, but how
much can we tell from their genes.

For example, the people from around Cologne are supposed to be Celts.
Does that mean they share a gene pool with Bretons, Irish, Cornishmen,
the Welsh and so on.