Info Request - Recklinghausen

Keith Robison robison at
Mon Feb 6 22:11:35 EST 1995

T. S. Pillay (tpillay at wrote:
: In article <387000001 at peg> , kenbuse at writes:
: >Subject: Info Request - Recklinghausen
: >From: kenbuse
: >Date: 05 Feb 95 03:01 GMT+1000
: >>I am trying to find out about Recklinghausen's disease.  Can anyone tell
: >me or point me to a source of information about the disease.
: >

: The full name is Von Recklinghausens disease or Multiple
: Neurofibromatosis.  Basically tumours develop in the nerve sheaths and
: present as subcutaneous limps.  Depending on which nerve is affected the
: symptoms may vary-  more details may be found in any basic medical
: textbook.  It's inherited.  The gene has been mapped.

Look in On-Line Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM)

	E-mail		mailserv at

It is a standard textbook on human genetic disease.

Good luck!

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI