REQUEST FOR SUBMISSIONS TO WWW BIOMEDICAL COMPANY LIST

IEEE EMBS Purdue BioMed Club ieeeembs at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Feb 8 12:53:45 EST 1995

      REQUEST FOR SUBMISSIONS TO WWW BIOMEDICAL COMPANY LIST

The Purdue IEEE-Engineering in Medicine and Biology Student Club is in
the process of compiling a biomed company data base on our WWW home
page.  Each company entry will contain information similar to what you
might find in a company brochure geared towards prospective employees.
It is hoped that this resource will eventually become comprehensive
enough to be useful to people who are searching for jobs in biomedical
related areas.

This is NOT a list for job openings in a particular company.  Each
entry will contain a detailed description of your company that you
will supply to us.  We encourage all companies in the biomed field to
take advantage of this free service.  If your company is interested in
being listed in this resource, simply e-mail (to
ieeeembs at ecn.purdue.edu) or mail (see address below) a company
description containing the following information:

Company Name
Address
Phone Number

- Name, phone and e-mail of contact person regarding employment

- Number of employees

- Total annual sales

- Description of products or services offered by company

- Description of engineering or scientific positions (these do not have
to be positions that are currently open -- just a list of the various
professional positions found in your company)

- URL for your WWW company home page (if you have one)

Optional information:

- Description of benefits

- Description of location

- Any other information that you wish to include

If you wish, you can mail your company information instead to the
following address:

Purdue Biomedical Engineering Club
c/o Jeffrey Mansfield
1285 EE Building
Box 315
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1285

The list will probably be up and going within the next few weeks but
its size will depend on the number of the responses that we get.  We
are also sending out requests through the regular mail to companies
who may not read these newsgroups or may not be on the net.  Of
course, it may take a while before the info from these companies is
received and entered into the data base.

Purdue Biomedical Engineering Club home page:

http:/bme.www.ecn.purdue.edu/bme/societies/emb

Thanks.

Jeffrey Mansfield
Chairperson