Ovulation

SuzMuz suzmuz at aol.com
Sat Feb 11 15:02:34 EST 1995

In article <3fs0k3$gc3 at ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, randi2 at ix.netcom.com
(Rhonda

Date:  Sat, Feb 11, 1995 11:45 AM PST
From:  SuzMuz
Subj:  ovulation
To:      rrandi2 at ix.netcom.com

Saw your question regarding ovulation.

I am a Certified Fertility Educator and author who is appalled at the
continued misinformation and disinformation running rampant about the
menstrual cycle.

Ovulation can only occur after a woman's estrogen levels have risen and
dropped, after menses. This is evidenced by the appearance of and increase
in cervical fluid. Cervical fluid appears when estrogen rises. This
estrogen is secreted by follicles around the egg cells as they grow in the
ovary.

Cervical fluid offers daily physiological evidence that ovulation is
approaching. Ovulation occurs anywhere from 2 days before to 2 days after
the last day of fertile cervical fluid in a cycle. If a 2nd ovulation
occurs, it will do so within 6-12 hours of the first, in response to the
same surge of LH (Leutinizing Hormone).

Ovulation physiologically cannot occur without the rise and drop of
estrogen (as evidenced by Cervical Fluid), which in turn triggers
Leutinizing Hormone, the last known trigger of ovulation).

The time from menses to ovulation is variable; it can take days, weeks,
even months to occur. Once ovulation does occur, a woman then experiences
a constant 11-16 day luteal phase (between ovulation and the next period).

This 2nd part of the cycle is always about 2 weeks in length. So, if your
cycle is usually about 30 days long, ovulation will usually occur around
day 15 or so.

However, since the first part of the cycle always varies in length, even
if the number of days in a cycle is the same, you simply cannot use the
old Rhythm method  system of GUESSING when ovulation MAY occur. Too many
"modern" medical tests are scheduled using the outdated, unreliable Rhythm
method of guessing when ovulation "should" occur.

The only way to reliably identify the approach and occurance of ovulation
is to observe and record changes in your cervical fluid . . .

This is safe, easy, and costs nothing to use. When used correctly to
prevent pregnancy, it has been shown by all the major researchers to be as
effective as the pill.

It is also highly effective when used to plan pregnancy or improve
contraceptive effectiveness.

Fertility Awareness (understanding the menstrual cycle in practical terms
via the body's three natural fertility signs) is highly effective, and is
the only way a woman can make informed health care decisions based on
facts provided by her own body.

Obviously, there are many political/ financial reasons that the
contraceptive/ pharmaceutical industry try to keep this information from
women . . . profits go down when women discover that a simple, safe,
inexpensive means of understanding their fertility exists. The
contraceptive industry makes a lot more money when women and men are
disempowered. Pardon my angry tone, but it is frustrating that this
wonderful, grass-roots information is so easily lost amidst the
multi-billion dollar misinformation campaigns put forth by the
contraceptive industry . . .

For a free packet of information about Fertility Awareness, (including a
list of all current books and organizations), send a  .55 cent
self-addressed stamped envelope to:

Fertility Awareness Services
PO Box 986
Corvallis, Or 97339 USA