Positive effects of alcohol on human body ??....

Aaron Benner oususaab at gemini.oscs.montana.edu
Wed Feb 15 16:48:06 EST 1995

In article <3hs0ba$nh at galaxy.ucr.edu>,
Ahsan M Khan <ahsan at watnxt06.ucr.edu> wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone can help me on this news group...
>I need to know the positive effects of alcohol (drinking)

Unless I am mistaken, and I often am, a recent study affirmed that a
glass or two of red wine helps to control cholesterol.

>on the human body.  Also, a list with explanations of all
>the negative effects (obvious or unobvious)

This one's a little easier.  In the pathway to convert EtOH to somthing
nice it goes through an acetaldehyde step.  Acetaldehyde (sp) happens to
be a rather good pickling agent  :0

--
|---------| oususaab at gemini.oscs.montana.edu -- Aaron Benner |-------------|
"I like the fact that you treat me like a person not a doorprize, I like