Positive effects of alcohol on human body ??....

Margaret Baker cmbaker at teleport.com
Fri Feb 17 03:40:30 EST 1995

In article <3htsqm$dpk at pdq.coe.montana.edu>
oususaab at gemini.oscs.montana.edu (Aaron Benner) writes:

> >I was wondering if anyone can help me on this news group...
> >I need to know the positive effects of alcohol (drinking)

The FAA ran a study on the effects of alcohol on pilots back in the
70's, but they were so upset with the findings that they never
published the results. They found that a LOW level of blood alcohol
actually improved response times (both mental and physical). If I
remember correctly, there may have been a let-down effect after the
blood level dropped. I suspect that any benefical effects will be
temporary, and that the body will pay a price in the long run.