Digitized plant (&) pictures on offer (free)

Marco_Bleeker mbleeker at euronet.nl
Tue Feb 21 00:09:38 EST 1995

  Hi all,

  I have some digitized plant pictures on offer. Last year I had 2 Kodak
Photo CD's made, a total of about 180 good pictures.

* DUTCH WILD PLANTS, but also some from other parts of Europe, and quite
  a few garden plants as well.
* TROPICAL RAIN FOREST: Surinam (S.A.). Mostly plants, many of them
  epiphytes, but also the odd butterfly, frog, snake, lizard, etc. And
  some human beings too (Djoeka Bushnegro, Galibi Indians).

  If you are interested, just ask me, and I'll send you a species list of
one of these CD's. I can also attach a JPG-file, being a 'contact sheet'
of a selection of 24 'thumbnails' of either one CD. These are 108 Kb.
  From that you could make your choice. I will distribute JPG's of my
photo's for free, as long as it's for non-commercial use. These JPG's
will be about 120,000 pixels (e.g. 300 x 400), 75% quality, varying from
25 to 50 Kb.

  ENCODING...
  I use Eudora, and if you do too, you can skip reading this paragraph I
suppose. The attached JPG files will be encoded in the Mime format - as a
default. If your e-mail program does not support this, please tell me how
you want me to send the picture files. I can also encode with BinHex, or
include a Uuencoded file in the msg-body. At the moment I am gathering a
short list of FTP-sites that carry decoding programs.

  Well, enough technotalk, let's make the Internet and our desktop a
more beautiful place !  Send in your replies now, I'm ready for them -
this week :-)

  Bye, Marco
  <mbleeker at euronet.nl>