Info wanted

MNR. JSJ MINNAAR M.A. NH 9135480 at RGA.SUN.AC.ZA
Wed Feb 22 12:01:31 EST 1995

Hi,

I'm posting this question on a few related newsgroups with the hope that it
reaches as many people as possible.

I am currently doing a thesis on biotechnology and biodiversity
with a specific focus on the political implications (policies etc.) for
developing countries. The full title reads as follows:"The International
Politics of Biotechnology Regimes". I would therefor like to find out more
about the different regimes (UNESCO, WIPO etc.) that control
biotechnology in general, and more specifically the release of GMO's
(Genetically Manipulated Organisms) into the atmosphere.
Furthermore, I'm interrested in the political implications of biotechnology
relating to the following topics: Patents, Management of Biodiversity;
Unforseen Risks; and Sovereignty.
The idea is also to do a casestudy of the effects of biotechnology regimes
(especially those controlling GMOs) on Brazil.

If anyone can send me more info, or put me in touch with other
people, newsgroups or sites, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,

Stephen Minnaar
University of Stellenbosch
Cape Town