Electrophoresis Gel?

Jim Fegan Fegan1 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 23 23:25:14 EST 1995

	My Biotechnology class has divided up into small teaching
groups, so we can go to various middle schools and show them how to
properly execute the electrophoresis (sorry about spelling)
lab.
	Our teacher is running on a short budget though, and she is
reluctant about the use of agarose gel because of it's cost.  Our lab
group was looking for a possible alternative to the agarose.  Our ideas
were few, and we even tried geletine, but it ended up melting under the
current.
	Does anyone know of a gel that would provide a suitable matrix
for the electrophoresis?  If you could email me any suggestions you
might have, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
Jim
fegan1 at ix.netcom.com