Richard H. Miller rick at
Fri Feb 24 10:57:46 EST 1995

In article <3iktq2$s1p at>, ckrepel at (Candace Krepel) writes:
|> I think registration and automoderation is a great idea. As to
|> administrative difficulties with people not canceling out-of-date addresses,
|> there could be an automatic annual re-registration, with the last year's
|> list being purged.  This would help clean out students who graduated 8*).

However, bear in mind one thing that happened during the CREDIT REPAIR spam;
the spammers included the magic cookie to allow the adds to be posted to
moderated groups. Auto-moderation will work to eliminate the clueless spammers
but, unless a fundamental change is made in the news transport software and
replicated globally, a determined SPAMmer will bypass any auto-moderation

Richard H. Miller                 Email: rick at
Asst. Dir. for Technical Support  Voice: (713)798-3532
Baylor College of Medicine        US Mail: One Baylor Plaza, 302H
                                           Houston, Texas 77030