antibiotic genes from high GC organisms

Terri Dunahay Terri_Dunahay at NREL.GOV
Fri Feb 24 10:44:31 EST 1995

I am interested in obtaining antibiotic resistance genes, in particular
neomycin phosphotransferase or neomycin acetyl transferase, from
microorganisms with DNA with a high GC content.  For example, I know there are
some clones out there containing aminoglycoside phosphotransferases from
Streptomyces rimosus and a bleomycin binding protein gene
from Streptoalloteichus hindustanus.   If there is anyone out there who has
these (or other) clones who would be willing to send me a plasmid
or who would like to collaborate, please send me an e-mail message at
dunahayt at tcplink.nrel gov.  Alternatively, any information on high GC or
thermophilic strains that produce antibiotic resistance genes would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Terri Dunahay