PART 2 - MODERATING THE BIOSCI/bionet NEWSGROUPS

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Fri Feb 24 19:35:34 EST 1995

In article <3ikvlq$4ro at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>,
Richard H. Miller <rick at crick.ssctr.bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:

>However, bear in mind one thing that happened during the CREDIT REPAIR spam;
>the spammers included the magic cookie to allow the adds to be posted to
>moderated groups. Auto-moderation will work to eliminate the clueless spammers
>but, unless a fundamental change is made in the news transport software and
>replicated globally, a determined SPAMmer will bypass any auto-moderation
>scheme.

Right.  I mentioned this in my original posting.  Such a person will
also deserve and hopefully get more severe treatment than one who
posts indiscriminately to open newsgroups.  Too bad one can't pass a
law against this that could be enforced 8-).

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				biosci-help at net.bio.net