PART 2 - MODERATING THE BIOSCI/bionet NEWSGROUPS

Chris Jones jones at fubar.cs.montana.edu
Sat Feb 25 16:12:59 EST 1995

In article <3ilv5d$ctu at net.bio.net> kristoff at net.bio.net (David Kristofferson) writes:
> In article <3il9gi$aai at apakabar.cc.columbia.edu>,
> Dan Zabetakis <dan at cubsps.bio.columbia.edu> wrote:
>
> cancelbots are somewhat useless for bionet anyway since they don't
> retrieve mail messages to our 40% or so e-mail users.  I mentioned in
> my original postings that it won't stop someone who is determined.  On
> the other hand it will stop a lot of misdirected posts from newcomers
> who have no idea what they are doing.  While it will be a barrier to

If we're going to get into cancelbots, I'd think that the first
priority would be to write a 'bot that would delete messages that
contain only combinations of the words "[un]subscribe", "help",
"test", and the group/list name.
--
* Chris  | "Nobody likes brain alteration!"                              *