Inseminating Venus with Thermoacidophiles

Eric Grunden egrunden at prairienet.org
Sat Feb 25 21:59:46 EST 1995

Science proposes that as time progresses the sun cools. Therefore
at some point the surface of Venus has/will become similar to that
of early Earth with respect toward temperature and UV intensity.

I hypothesize that if, within the time-frame of similarity, the
surface of Venus were to be inseminated with a variety of archea-
bacteria, especially thermoacidophiles, that eventually an
atmosphere would form, leading to conditions inhabitable by
some aerobic life. Perhaps the process could be catalyzed.

I am not a nut. Simply a person with a somewhat overactive
curiousity, who would enjoy reading feedback on this hypothesis.

					= eg =

--
   "I've never seen a butterfly display its truest beauty,