Positive effects of alcohol on human body ??....

tivol at tethys.ph.albany.edu tivol at tethys.ph.albany.edu
Fri Feb 24 13:21:18 EST 1995

>In article <3htsqm$dpk at pdq.coe.montana.edu>
>oususaab at gemini.oscs.montana.edu (Aaron Benner) writes:
>
>> >I was wondering if anyone can help me on this news group...
>> >I need to know the positive effects of alcohol (drinking)

Dear Aaron,
	There is evidence that low levels of ethanol consumption (~25 ml/day)
may be beneficial, and that drinking wine with dinner (at similar low levels)
is beneficial.  I don't have the referrences.  Another positive effect was
found in mercury miners in Spain--drinking wine after the work shift lessened
the effects of mercury.  Tom Clarkson at the University of Rochester studied
this and told me about it in the late '70's.
				Yours,
				Bill Tivol