PART 2 - MODERATING THE BIOSCI/bionet NEWSGROUPS

David Steffen steffen at bcm.tmc.edu
Sun Feb 26 07:01:54 EST 1995

In article <3io6l8$f8k at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> steffen at bcm.tmc.edu (David Steffen) writes:
>1) I am well aware that very harsh language is common on usenet (as
>distinct from bionet), but I consider that a bug not a feature (1).  I
>beg everyone to make the effort to maintain the current level of decorum
>on bionet even during debate on issues about which you feel strongly.

I apologize for responding to my own post, but it has been pointed out to
me that my original post is marked by some newsreaders as being in response
to a post by Mike Cherry, despite the fact that he is not quoted.

Mike Cherry is *not* *at* *all* the subject of the above admonition.  I
apologize to him for making it appear that he might be.  I wanted to
respond to the topic in general to the topic rather than to any specific
message and [r]eplied to the last message on that topic (without
quoting any of it) not realizing the consequence of so doing.

My sincere apologies to both Mike and to the entire group for the
confusion I caused.

--
David Steffen, Ph.D., C/Si Consulting.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine.
Voice: (713) 668-3289.  FAX: (713) 668-3453.  Email: steffen at bcm.tmc.edu