Biology field trips

Jim Owens jow at
Mon Feb 27 08:44:46 EST 1995

In article <D4H04H.49G at> L.A. Moran,
lamoran at writes:
>Could someone tell me what "AP Biology" is? Just curious.

Advanced Placement Biology

My first child is about to enter high school, and the snobby little brat
wants to go to an all girl school.  All the schools had "AP" courses in
all major subjects.  The idea is to get advanced placement in college by
taking these courses.  I am unclear about how this works.  Do they take
specialized subject tests on the College Boards to prove the AP course is
worthy of its name?  Does my terminology date me as a classmate of Fred
Flintstone?  Is 42 really the answer to the "ultimate question of life,
the universe and everything?"

Good luck,

Jim Owens