Dave Boone boone at
Mon Feb 27 11:05:16 EST 1995

In article <3ilv5d$ctu at> kristoff at (David Kristofferson) writes:
>In article <3il9gi$aai at>,

>>>On the other hand, the registration process could be more stringent,
>>>requiring users to actually give some kind of proof that they were, in
>>>fact, researchers, and not just curiosity seekers.  This topic could
>>>be the subject of intense debate, I'm sure 8-).

>>   This topic is plainly idiotic. I'm not interested in proving to anyone
>>that I'm a Real Scientist, and I wouldn't respect anyone who went in for

>Although I think that the use of the word "idiotic" is a bit too
>strong, thanks for your comments on the above.  I'd like to hear from
>others on this.

I for one would appreciate some pre-filtering. Would it not be possible
for a moderator to separate the submissions, putting the "science project
questions" into one newsgroup and the more research-oreinted ones
into a separate group (perhaps of the same name but with ".res" added to
the end)?

      David R. Boone, Professor of Environmental Microbiology
  Oregon Graduate Institute, PO Box 91000, Portland, OR 97291-1000
                (503) 690-1146; fax (503) 690-1273
  boone at