which would win, tiger or grizzly???

Eric Grunden egrunden at prairienet.org
Tue Feb 28 18:43:19 EST 1995

In a previous article, un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de (Clemens Suter-Crazzolara) says:

>> I know this is a silly question and I don't advocate things
>> like pit bull or cock fights, but does anyone know if the
>> literature -- old circus or research stuff -- includes info
>> about which animal excluding elephants would win in battle,
>> even if they are unnatural foes. Some family members recently
>> debated which would win, a tiger or grizzly bear.
>
>Easy question ! The tiger would win, since it is the most
>ferocious hunter alive on our planet.

			*******
Don't you think that the circumstances and surroundings would
play a large part in determining which would win? For example,
if it was in tight quarters, or a matter of protecting the
offspring, a full-grown grizzly stands more than a fair chance.
Additionally, what about endurance? If it was a long fight with
many injuries, once again I feel the bear would have the edge

					= eg =

--
   "I've never seen a butterfly display its truest beauty,