New Prototype GDB and OMIM on PC CR-ROM

GDB User Support help at gdb.org
Tue Feb 28 15:32:33 EST 1995

	Prototype GDB and OMIM on PC CD-ROM (January 1995 version)

A new version of the prototype PC CD-ROM containing GDB data integrated with
the text of McKusick's "Mendelian Inheritance in Man" (OMIM) and mouse genome
data from Jackson Labs is now available. The new version includes GDB and OMIM
data downloaded at the beginning of 1995 and over 300 pictures. This product
was developed by the Human Genome Data Base at Johns Hopkins University,
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/UCLA, and Jackson Labs Informatics.

If you are interested in participating in the beta testing of PC-GDB and OMIM,
please contact GDB User Support and include your mailing address. We will send
you a disk, installation instructions, and a short evaluation questionnaire.
Since we have a limited number of disks for current distribution, we will send
them in the order requests are received.

The hardware/software required to run PC-GDB includes:
. Microsoft MS-DOS(R) version 3.3 or later (version 5.0 or later recommended)
. Microsoft Windows(R) version 3.1 or 3.11
. 80386, 80486 or Pentium(R) IBM-compatible PC
. VGA display (800 by 600, 256-color Super-VGA or better recommended)
. CD-ROM drive (double-speed recommended)
. 8 MB RAM (12 MB or more recommended)
. 75-550 MB free space on hard disk (depending on type of installation)

			CD-ROM + fixed-disk	Fixed-disk only
	OMIM only	     2 MB		140 MB
	OMIM + PC-GDB	    75 MB		550 MB

We look forward to feedback about PC-GDB and OMIM from the user community.

	GDB User Support
	Genome Data Base
	Johns Hopkins University

	Phone:  410-955-9705