Black Squirrels

theresa stefancik wilddogs at licaone.iii.net
Sat Jan 7 19:29:23 EST 1995

I live in Massachusetts and have never seen a black squirrel, although
we did have a family of the smaller red squirrels living in our old
stone foundation. They are very small and delicate  and very noisy when
you invade their "territory" There were 3 babies and it seemed two
parents.Although smaller, they terrorized our larger more common
Grey squirrels and managed to get the lions share at the bird feeder. We
hoped they would come back last winter, but no sign of them. Maybe this
spring!
Theresa L. Stefancik