black squirrels

Andy awa at wpo.nerc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 08:29:01 EST 1995

> In Article <3JAN199509522405 at seqvax.caltech.edu> "mathog at seqvax.caltech.edu (David Mathog)" says:
> > Each Christmas we travel to my wife's parents' house in San Jose, CA.
> > There are a lot of old trees in that neighborhood, and many many squirrels.
> etc

I have seen vast numbers in Stanley Park, Vancouver BC, whilst there on vacation, June 1994.
I could not find any info on them in any North American field guides.
They didnt really fit the description of the greys that "can be almost black" so the guide said.
They looked more like red ones (except, of course, they were black...)

A J Warner
awa at wpo.nerc.ac.uk