Info on Exxon Valdez cleaning needed

Vera Noest SYSVERA at pax.vaxtbio.uu.se
Mon Jan 9 04:24:37 EST 1995

In <3ejvmn$3u1 at rc1.vub.ac.be> wstevens at vub.ac.be writes:

> For work I need to find information on the biological cleaning methods for
> removing petrol/oil on seashores etc. I also want to focus on the disaster
> with the Exxon Valdez in Alaska, and the type of methods that were used
> over there.

Some references:

Dicks, B.M. & White, I.C. 1992. Oil spills - effects and response. In :
   W.J. Cairns (ed.): North Sea Oil and the Environment, pp 44-457.
   Elsevier, London.
Wallen, L. 1993. Biological effects of the Exxon Valdez oil spill.
   Alaska's Wildlife 25:1-49

Hope this gives you a start! Greetings, Vera

 | Vera Noest                   |  Email :   SysVera at pax.vaxtbio.uu.se |
 | Uppsala University           |  Fax   :   +46 18 553419             |
 | Dept. of Ecological Botany   |  Voice :   +46 18 182869 / 182850    |
 | Uppsala, Sweden              |                                      |