Microwaves action on milk for infants

Leszek Balla les at ripco.com
Mon Jan 9 22:29:17 EST 1995

I agree with most of the above statements...denaturization of the protein
would be the limit of the "crime" in culinary terms, and only if the isolated
super-heated pockets formed during the process. There would be no effect that
I would worry about. I drink milk heated in this fashion frequently, and most
of you do too.
DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.
                                           L. Balla, DDS

Stephane Corteel (scorteel at resulb.ulb.ac.be) wrote:
: As a young father (my baby now is 7 weeks old) I read a lot...
: I've read (and some people also told me) that warwing up a feeding
: bottle using a microwave oven is not recommended because the microwaves
: cause molecular changes in some proteins of the milk.

: But, at this time, nobody could confirm that or give me an more
: scientific explanation.

: If someone could provide me a answer that an engineer like me can
: accept, it would be very nice.

: Thank you very much for any information

--

                                                      --- Leszek Balla
                                                          KA9GLW
                                                          les at rci.ripco.com