DNA gif or jpg?

James Mahaffy mahaffy at dordt.edu
Tue Jan 10 11:46:10 EST 1995

jjwhyte (jjwhyte at sciborg.uwaterloo.ca) wrote:
: Can anyone suggest a site where I could find a good colour image of
: molecular DNA?  A space filling model would be ideal, but any suggestions
: would be greatly appreciated.

: Thanks,
: Jeff
: jjwhyte at sciborg.uwaterloo.ca

Jeff,
	Something that works well for me in teaching is using the RasMol2
software.  Then you can look at any of the Brookhaven molecules,
including DNA.  You have a variety of veiwing methods and can turn the
molecule.  You really should have a 486 with a math co-processor. The
software is free (small donation to author will not be turned down).

	I really like it for visually showing active sites in enzymes to my
students.

	I am not sure where you can get the software, but could find out for
you if you can't find it.

James F. Mahaffy                   e-mail: mahaffy at dordt.edu
Sioux Center, Iowa 51250