James Mahaffy mahaffy at
Tue Jan 10 11:25:21 EST 1995

BIOSCI Administrator (biosci-help at wrote:
: We have received a proposal below for a new newsgroup,

: Discussion on the following proposal will now be open through 18
: January on BIOFORUM/bionet.general (*not* on BIONEWS/bionet.announce).
: For those who are not on the BIOFORUM/bionet.general newsgroup
: currently, either read bionet.general on USENET or contact one of the
: following biosci addresses to sign up by e-mail:

	May I suggest you change the name to better reflect what the
proposed group will be discussing.  The first thing I thought of when I
saw the name was that it was a group for Biology seniors to talk about
their topics.  Not everyone knows what SRS stands for.

James F. Mahaffy                   e-mail: mahaffy at
Sioux Center, Iowa 51250