HELP ROBERT

Wunderman Cato Johnson wcj at euronet.nl
Wed Jan 11 11:21:29 EST 1995

LEND ME YOUR EARS

We are looking for someone who can help our friend Robert Didier.
In February this year he had a severe ski-accident and has now turned
deaf. In this past year he has visited numerous doctors but none of
them can explain his deafness, let alone that there is anyone who has
a solution.

This is his medical file in short:

Robert Didier. Born 2/3/1963 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

9/2/1994
Robert has a ski-accident. The right back-side of his head hit to a
tree. He is in coma for 4 weeks with a subdural haematome on the left
side and a brain-oedeme, also at the left. 3 on Glasgow-scale.

14/2/1994
Intercranial pressure-meter is placed. Also a tracheotomy.

21/2/1994
Subdural haematome is removed

26/2/1994
His breathing is normal. 8 on Glasgow-scale.

2/3/1994
Transport to Holland. VU (academical) hospital in Amsterdam. He has
pneumonia.

5/3/1994
He awakes from the coma. 9 on Glasgow-scale, occasionally up to 12.
Hemiparese at the left. Tracheotomy removed. Sonde-food. No new
symptoms of subdural haemotome.

14/3/1994
E.E.G.: no damage to the verbal block. Brain-stem undamaged.

23/3/1994
He talks and his hearing is normal. He replies to questions and he
carries out given orders.

24/3/1994
He indicates to hear badly. It sounds with an echo.

25/3/1994
He is bilateral deaf. He only hears terrible noises. The same day a
facial fall-out at the right side starts. There are fractures, left
and right, at the level of the meatus acusticus internus. These
fractures pass through the semicirculairformed canals. Nowadays he
walks, but the balance-organs are eliminated.

21/12/1994
After revalidation the hemiparese improved and the facial fall-out is
convalescent. At the moment the revalidation is policlinical. The
M.R.I. shows that the auditory nerves are not dead or torn off. Because
of the fractures the nerves do not function. Electro-stimulation has
no result. The deafness on both sides is entirely.

Nobody can give an explanation so far of his sudden deafness, in spite
of the fact that he was able to hear until March 26.
If you have suggestions of any kind like names of doctors who might be
able to help Robert, please contact us or his mother.

H.G. Somers-Blekemolen
Bevelandslaan 2
1181 JP AMSTELVEEN
THE NETHERLANDS