CALL FOR DISCUSSION: BIO-SRS/bionet.software.srs

Jeroen Coppieters jecop at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jan 11 05:05:21 EST 1995

James Mahaffy (mahaffy at dordt.edu) wrote:
: BIOSCI Administrator (biosci-help at net.bio.net) wrote:
: : We have received a proposal below for a new newsgroup,

: : BIO-SRS/bionet.software.srs

: : Discussion on the following proposal will now be open through 18
: : January on BIOFORUM/bionet.general (*not* on BIONEWS/bionet.announce).
: : For those who are not on the BIOFORUM/bionet.general newsgroup
: : currently, either read bionet.general on USENET or contact one of the
: : following biosci addresses to sign up by e-mail:

: 	May I suggest you change the name to better reflect what the
: proposed group will be discussing.  The first thing I thought of when I
: saw the name was that it was a group for Biology seniors to talk about
: their topics.  Not everyone knows what SRS stands for.
I do not agree. The name reflects the group's subject perfectly. We
want to discuss SRS. like bionet.software.gcg discusses gcg
If it where about seniors it would be bionet.seniors (is there any
senior specific software ?)
I cannot think of another name, that would not disguise the SRS group
to people that do know what srs stands for.

: James F. Mahaffy                   e-mail: mahaffy at dordt.edu
: Biology Department                 phone: 712 722-6279
: Dordt College                      FAX 712 722-1198
: Sioux Center, Iowa 51250

Jeroen

         . O .                               Jeroen Coppieters
     . O O o   O .                            Software Support
   O O O O *o    O O               Jeroen.Coppieters at ebi.ac.uk
  O O O O(   *o  )O O                         ++44 1223 494422
  )O O O O   o*  O O(
  O O O O( o*    )O O
  )O O O O  *o   O O(                      EMBL Outstation EBI
  O O O O(   *o  )O O      (European Bioinformatics Institute)
  )O @ O O   o*  O O(                             Hinxton Hall
    O O O( o*   )O('                                   Hinxton
     ` O(   *o O  '                         Cambridge CB10 1RQ
         ` O '                                              UK
http://www.ebi.ac.uk