Boris Steipe steipe at
Thu Jan 12 08:04:22 EST 1995

In article <3ersfq$p3h at>, BIOSCI Administrator
<biosci-help at> wrote:

> We have received a proposal below for a new newsgroup,
> Discussion on the following proposal will now be open through 18
> January on BIOFORUM/bionet.general (*not* on BIONEWS/bionet.announce).
> For those who are not on the BIOFORUM/bionet.general newsgroup
> currently, either read bionet.general on USENET or contact one of the
> following biosci addresses to sign up by e-mail:
> Subscription Address                 Location
> --------------------                 --------
> biosci at               Europe, Africa, and Central Asia
> biosci at                   Americas and the Pacific Rim
[procedure snipped]

Why do you need a new group for SRS ?  I assume _everybody_ who would read will also read . I assume _nobody_ who
reads feels that SRS should not be discussed there. Thus if
pretty much the same people read both groups, why do you need a separate
group? The traffic is low anyway. I may be wrong but I don't see the

I think there is actually more to say _against_ this new group: I'm afraid
overlap between and would be
considerable. So in the end, half the traffic in SRS will most likely be
crossposted to the parent group, like we're seeing in so many other closely
related groups already.

Keep it lean! SRS in the subject line should work just fine.
Boris <steipe at>