Survey for reducing lab paper waste

Stephen J Williams willham at astro.ocis.temple.edu
Wed Jan 11 21:34:56 EST 1995

Hello,
     I am interested to know if anyone has problems with
 the enormous amount of laboratory supply company flyers
 and advertisements that are recieved in the regular mail.
Many institutions are instituting recycling programs to try
to reduce the amount of this type of waste.  In many cases
the responsibility lies on private investigators, lab
managers and laboratory workers who recieve enormous
amounts of supply company "junk mail", most of which can't
be recycled because of the nature of the paper used.
I would like to ask of PI's, lab managers, and fellow scientists
if you would like to see the amount of mail you recieve reduced.
Thank you very much.

       Steve (willham at astro.ocis.temple.edu)