Inquiry: Need to locate "Nature" (UK env.sci. journal)

Stacy Ferguson sferguso at kimbark.uchicago.edu
Sat Jan 14 14:44:27 EST 1995

In article <rawlings-1201951819440001 at bios.presence.com> rawlings at presence.com (Jeff Rawlings) writes:
>In article <king-0901952054570001 at ts-22.pacific.net>,
>king at pacific.pacific.net (King Collins) wrote:
>
>> I am interested in obtaining information about the British journal, Nature.
>> I have tried to find it in libraries in my region (rural No. CA) to no
>> avail. I would appreciate hearing from anyone knowing how I can obtain a
>> copy in the U.S.
>> or how I can access it via the Internet.
>
>To find it in a library, you might have to go to a university. If you
>would like to subscribe, however, you can. I have a copy in front of me,
>and it says the cost is $135 for individuals; the address is:
>
>Nature
>Subscription Department
>P.O. Box 1733
>Riverton,NJ 08077-7333
>
>The phone number is (800) 524-0384. To my knowledge, Nature is not on the
>Internet.
>
>--
>Jeff Rawlings       *Internet Construction Ahead*        Presence
>Publishing Director, BioWeb                 rawlings at presence.com http://www.presence.com/             It's a Hot Hot Hot New Year!
>                                 http://www.hot.presence.com/hot/

There actually is a newstand price but I forget what it is and don't have any
issues at home to check. It's hard to find (usually only bookstores with
extensive foreign magazine and newspaper sales carry things like Nature
as well).

However, the one odd (IMHO) place where I've seen Nature is at Tower Records.
I don't know why, but it's right there, along side Rolling Stone and other
"journals" :) I've seen it at several Tower Record Locations in a few states,
so you may want to check it out if you have one in your area.

Stacy