Newts: Regenerate or Not

David Thomas Mccall dmccall at oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu
Mon Jan 16 00:14:59 EST 1995

I have a pet newt and his name is Jeff.  I just got him today and once I
got him home I realized that his poor little newty leg is broken.  His
bone is broken.  The bone is exposed and the only reason that it is still
around is that it is hanging on by his little newt skin.  He is presently
resting, but I imagine he is in great pain.

My question is this:

Do newts regenerate parts like some other animals?

Should I do anything myself or let nature take it's course?

How come there is no marine biology newsgroup?

Is Led Zepplin going to reform the band?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave