Milk and microwavesMilk and microva

xie at mbcl.rutgers.edu xie at mbcl.rutgers.edu
Wed Jan 18 16:02:21 EST 1995

To my surprise, all the comments about microwaves and milk were from some kinds
of speculations but not experimental data. Can anyone here give an answer based
on biochemical analysis? I seriously wonder whether the radicals produced by microwaves
during heating can cause the release of nitrite or other toxic chemicals. In
addition, there are many other molecules in milk. Can these chemicals interact
with each other under microwaves to form some kinds of harmful substances, esp.
to infants? To my limited knowledge, microwaves may act as a catalyst which can
play some unwelcome roles. So, better be careful before the outcome of
convincing results. Somebody can say that he smokes everyday, which doesnot
mean smoking is not harmful to health.
Shaoping, Ph D. student in Biochemistry

vaA