MES Buffer

Alan Kaiser alkaiser at er5.rutgers.edu
Thu Jan 19 15:53:54 EST 1995

In <3fm9k6$k86 at portal.vpharm.com> Black at vpharm.com (Blackus) writes:

>Has anyone ever noticed the pH drifting while  a MES buffer is stored.
>I've gained a pH unit a day for 2 days and am wondering if this is
>something to watch out for with MES.

I use MES all the time and I have never run across this problem. Do
you mix the buffer with anything else? Is there any precipitation in
the buffer? Is the buffer contaminated? Have you calibrated the pH
meter? Is you pH electrode working properly (check it on someone elses
meter)? Hope this helps.
Alan Kaiser			alkaiser at eden.rutgers.edu
Graduate Program in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Rutgers University               New Brunswick,NJ