Milk and microwavesMilk and microva

Jose Malave - BBMD/W94 jmalave at acs.ryerson.ca
Mon Jan 23 15:59:41 EST 1995

xie at mbcl.rutgers.edu wrote:
: To my surprise, all the comments about microwaves and milk were from some kinds
: of speculations but not experimental data. Can anyone here give an answer based
: on biochemical analysis? I seriously wonder whether the radicals produced by microwaves
: during heating can cause the release of nitrite or other toxic chemicals. In
: addition, there are many other molecules in milk. Can these chemicals interact
: with each other under microwaves to form some kinds of harmful substances, esp.
: to infants? To my limited knowledge, microwaves may act as a catalyst which can
: play some unwelcome roles. So, better be careful before the outcome of
: convincing results. Somebody can say that he smokes everyday, which doesnot
: mean smoking is not harmful to health.
: Shaoping, Ph D. student in Biochemistry

:  h
: vaA