Cryogenics - practicum?

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Jan 27 06:18:23 EST 1995

> 	It was recently brought to my attention that the common goldfish
> has been known to be frozen solid (i.e. ice cube tray) and subsequently
> resuscitated.  Is this a physical reality, or someone's cannery flashback?
> If you have any information about the veracity of this claim, even if it
> is a positive disconfirmation, please write me.
> The Village Idiot!!!	*Remember, a jester unemployed *
> (nmannix of gac.edu)     *     is nobody's fool!!     *

When we moved to Heidelberg, we froze all our petsprior to transport.
Although our cat and dog could not be thawed succesfully, our goldfish
could be resuscitated at the amazing frequency of 9 out of 10. It could
be that in the case of the cat and dog, the total number of each
was simply too small though...

clemens